The State College nuisance property ordinance is designed to set minimum standards for the condition of rental housing, a market dominated by students attending Penn State University.
Links to documents and studies cited in the audio report:
- Greg Koehle's study on crime in State College.
- Kathleen Powell's study on Mountainside State University town and gown conflicts.
- Chicago Tribune article stating that student residents drive down housing prices.
- The State College Borough Nuisance Property Ordinance.
- State College Nuisance Rental Property violations as of November 2014.